20070408

Not keeping yourself healthy

(the above picture is of a triple bypass burger, there is also a double or a quadruple available from some restaurants)

OK this seems simple enough



It's bad to:

  • eat junk food
  • get fat
  • smoke
  • drink too much
  • take drugs

It's good to:

  • get a balanced diet
  • exercise
  • have 5 fruit and veg a day
  • get out and get fresh air

If it is really that simple then why does junk food taste so good? Why do we go for chips and pizza over vegetable stew (silly question really!)? Why drink at all?



I think today's lifestyle is becoming increasingly unhealthy. Now don't get me wrong I love my junk food, I don't want to preach because i am no position to. I just think it's important to notice that office jobs are more common than ever but extremely unhealthy. The lights don't give the full spectrum so more people get SAD (seasonal affective disorder), offices are full of stress and they make you rush lunch and go for convenience food.



We keep being told to live healthier lives but we seem to not do much about changing our lives, we just make up for the bad behaviour by spending time at the gym or detoxing.



It's a shame that unhealthy things like duvet days, TV, fast food and drinking are just so appealing. I enjoy being bad in this sense; it's easy and comforting.



Then again there is limits to how bad we can be, I am overweight officially but not obese, I don't feel ill so no problems of yet. Other people how ever are obese and are damaging their bodies. This story (from BBC News) is one of the most extreme. Connor McCreaddie is only 8 years old and weights over 14 stone! Apparently he has always had a dislike for fruit and veg. Maybe if he was eating these it would of been better,


No comments: