20070416

Bad cinema

Ummm what can I say, I was practising being bad during week 7.

Following the modules aims:

"To investigate the nature, place and meaning of immoral, dangerous, unhealthy, unreasonable or imprudent practices, behaviour and lifestyles. "
To consider critically questions about them, especially ‘what is to be said in their favour?’ and ‘what attracts people to them?’"
(taken from the main PH1000 page of WOLF)

My being bad:
The nature of the badness- Skipping a lecture to go to Walkabout with my boyfriend and his mates

Place- Walkabout, Wolverhampton

Meaning- Naughty, bad, irresponsible, childish, rebellious

What is to be said in it's favour- I had a nice meal, interesting conversation about bestiality, I didn't go to a lecture that I considered had no effect on my assignment, feeling of freedom and choice

What attracted me to do it- persuasion from friends, lack of energy and interest in lecture topic, feeling of non conformity


Now before you all say well this is normal, I bunk all the time or I bet she will fail... I never bunked off school or college. Only when I got to university did I consider doing so. Yes many students do bunk off lectures more than me but it is very rare for me. My life is fairly moral (so long as you don't compare it to any religious text). The pull to be bad is just too strong.

I'm sorry!


No comments: