20070504

Module summary/questionnaire

"And now, the end is near; And so I face the final curtain......."




Age? 20

Sex? Female

What is your degree subject (both if joint)? Sociology

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
Not directly but the underlying ideas are in some of my other modules

If so, how? And if not, why not?
Some of my modules are theory based.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
appropriate

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
Yes

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
Drinking, swearing or health

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
I think the group might of been a bit too big but lectures were good.

What did you think of the module team?
Brilliant, maybe a tad slow at marking assignments!!!!!

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions? No
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole? Maybe
Information and talk from lecturers? Yes

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes, because I mainly do sociology modules.

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
yes, it gives a broader outlook.

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Possibly

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
No

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Yes

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
Yes, it allows people to see other peoples views

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
I think they could of been a bit longer but I liked having the choice of more than one topic.

What have you learned from the module?
I think I have learnt more tolerance and also that there are never really anything that is always bad.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
I found the range of topics interesting and the chance to write creative pieces and blogs useful. I liked the more casual style of assessment.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
I think some of the waiting for technology was a waste of time.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
Nope







"............ I did it my way!!!!!!"



(Lyrics from http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+sinatra/my+way_20056378.html)

No comments: