20070220

more ideas on smoking (a comment from another people's blogs)

I have made the following comments on other peoples blogs

On "Being Bad Being Becky"'s blog (found at http://beingbadbeingbecky.blogspot.com/index.html)
You say "most people that regularly go to pubs smoke...Therefore it is plausable that they also regularly drink alcohol which has also been linked to cancer, heart disease and is just as 'addictive'."I think alcohol is possibly as addictive but there is a chemical in cigarettes which has been proven to be addictive (nicotine) an I don't know of any that have been found in alcohol. I also think perhaps there is a link between drinking and smoking in the sense people who go to pubs to drink are more likely to be exposed to smoke even if they don't smoke themselves. I hadn't seen the research about the link between smoking and Parkinson's. Very interesting although it seems to be a link between any addiction the chemical that an addiction causes.

No comments: